19. "Collective dynamics of two-dimensional swimming bacteria: Experiments and models" G. Ariel, M. Sidortsov, S. D. Ryan, S. Heidenreich, M. Bar, A. Be'er, Physical Review E 98 032415 (2018).
18. "The effect of randomness on the distribution of multiple Ginzburg-Landau vortices pinned by small holes" L. Berlyand, V. Mityushev, S. D. Ryan, IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, 83(6) 977-1006 (2018).
17. "pH dependent C. jejuni thermal inactivation models and application to poultry scaling" Z. McCarthy, B. Smith, A. Fazil, J. Wu, S. D. Ryan, D. Munther, Journal of Food Engineering, 223 1-9 (2018).
16. "Optimal Shape of Water Towers" A. Sulak, S. D. Ryan, SIAM Undergraduate Research Journal (SIURO) 10 233-247 (2017).
15. "Individual based modeling and analysis of pathogen levels in poultry chilling process" Z. McCarthy, B. Smith, A. Fazil, J. Wu, S. D. Ryan, D. Munther, Mathematical Biosciences 294 172-180 (2017).
14. "Mechanisms of bacterial contamination in poultry chill tanks" Z. McCarthy, D. Munther, S. D. Ryan, J. Wu, Technical Report for the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), (2017).
13. "A finite volume method for computing flow induced orientation of nematic liquid crystals" S. D. Ryan, G. Richards, X. Zheng, P. Palffy-Muhoray, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals (MCLC) 647(1) 207-215, (2017).
12. "Anomalous fluctuations in the orientation and velocity of swarming bacteria" S. D. Ryan, G. Ariel, A. Be'er, Biophysical Journal, 111(1) 247-255 (2016).
11. "Curvature-driven foam coarsening on a sphere: A computer simulation" S. D. Ryan, X. Zheng, P. Palffy-Muhoray, Physical Review E, 93 053301 (2016). (Press: Phys. Rev. E Kalediscope (best aesthetic images))
10. "Effective rheological properties in semidilute bacterial suspensions" M. Potomkin, S. D. Ryan, L. Berlyand, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 78(3) 580-615 (2016).
9. "A Model for Collective Dynamics in Ant Raids" S. D. Ryan, Journal of Mathematical Biology, 72(6) 1579-1606 (2016).
8. "Rayleigh Approximation for ground states of the Bose and Coulomb glasses" S. D. Ryan, V. Mityushev, V. M. Vinokur, L. Berlyand, Scientific Reports: Nature Publishing Group, 5 7821 (2015). (Press: Mathematical approach provides a new step in resolving mystery of glass)
7. "Effective Properties and Collective Dynamics in Bacterial Suspensions" S. D. Ryan, Ph. D. Dissertation, (2014).
6. "Correlation properties of collective motion in bacterial suspensions" S. D. Ryan, A. Sokolov, L. Berlyand, and I. S. Aranson, New Journal of Physics, 15 105021, (2013). (Chosen as a "Highlight of 2013" for Soft Matter and Biophysics)
5. "A Kinetic Model for Semi-Dilute Bacterial Suspensions". S. D. Ryan, L. Berlyand, B. M. Haines, and D. Karpeev, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 11(4), 1176-1196, (2013).
4. "Buckling of a Graphene Sheet Perpendicular to a Rigid Substrate" S. D. Ryan, D. Golovaty, and J. P. Wilber, International Journal of Solids and Structures 49 3681-3692, (2012).
3. "Viscosity of bacterial suspensions: Hydrodynamic interactions and self-induced noise" S. D. Ryan, B. M. Haines, L. Berlyand, F. Ziebert, and I. S. Aranson Rapid Communication to Phys. Rev. E 83 050904(R) (2011).
2. "Bifurcation and Boundary Layer Analysis for Graphene Sheets" S. D. Ryan, Master of Science Thesis, Ohiolink, The University of Akron (2009).
1. "A Buckling Problem For Graphene Sheets" J. Gallagher, Y. Milman, S. Ryan, D. Golovaty, P. Wilber, and A. Buldum in the "Proceedings of the 11th International Congress on Continuum Modeling of Discrete Systems", Les Presses de l'Ecole des Mines de Paris (2007).