1. Weyman, C.M., Wolfson, M., Taparowsky, E.J., and Ashendel, C.L. (1988) Partial down-regulation of protein kinase C in C3H 10T1/2 mouse fibroblasts transfected with the human Ha-ras oncogene. Cancer Research 48:6535-6541.
2. Vaidya, T.B., Weyman, C.M., Ashendel, C.L., and Taparowsky, E.J. (1991) Inhibition of myogenesis by the Ha-ras oncogene: Implication of a role for protein kinase C. Journal of Cellular Biology 114:809-820.
3. *Weyman, C.M. and Stacey, D.W. (1996) Selective protection of normal cells against cancer drug induced toxicity by blockage at distinct points in proliferative signaling: A novel strategy for protective chemotherapy. Anticancer Research 16(1):493-498.
4. *Weyman, C.M. and Stacey, D.W. (1996) Ras: Processor of Vital Signals. Advances in Oncobiology: Breast Cancer. JAI Press Inc.(E. Edward Bittar, ed.).1(8):159-177.
5. *Weyman, C.M., Ramocki, M.B., Taparowsky, E.J., and Wolfman, A. (1997) Distinct signaling pathways regulate transformation and inhibition of skeletal muscle differentiation by oncogenic Ras. Oncogene 14:697-704.
6. *Weyman, C.M. and Wolfman, A. (1997) Oncogenic Ras-induced secretion of a novel inhibitor of skeletal myoblast differentiation. Oncogene, 15:2521-25-28.
7. *Weyman, C.M. and Wolfman, A. (1998) MEK activity is required for inhibition of skeletal myoblast differentiation by IGF-1 or FGF-2.Endocrinology, 139:1794-1800.
8. Dee, K., Freer, M., Mei, Y. and #Weyman, C.M. (2002) Apoptosis coincident with the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts is delayed by caspase 3 inhibition and abrogated by MEK-independent constitutive Ras signaling. Cell Death Differ. 9, 209-218.
9. DeChant, A., Dee, K. and #Weyman, C.M. (2002) Raf-induced effects on the differentiation and apoptosis of skeletal myoblasts is determined by the level of Raf activity: abrogation of apoptosis by Raf is downstream of caspase 3 activation. Oncogene 21, 5268-5279.
10. Dee, K., DeChant, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2003) Differential signaling through NF_B does not ameliorate skeletal myoblast apoptosis during differentiation. FEBS Letters 545, 246-252
11. Dee, K., Karasarides, M., Schulman, D., Harford, T., Wolfman, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2006) Inhibition of skeletal myoblast differentiation and the associated apoptosis by active Ras mutants is independent of constitutive PI3 kinase . Cell Biology International 30, 308-318.
12. Li, Q., Subbulakshmi, V., Oldfield, C., M.Aamir, R., Weyman, C. M., Wolfman,A. and
Cathcart, M. K. (2007) PKCalpha regulates phosphorylation and enzymatic activity of cPLA(2) in vitro and in activated human monocytes. Cell Signal. 19:359-366.
13. O¿Flaherty, J., Mei, Y., Freer, M. and #Weyman, C.M. (2006) Signaling through the TRAIL receptor DR5/FADD pathway plays a role in the apoptosis associated with skeletal myoblast differentiation. Apoptosis 11:2103-2113.
14. Koo, B., LeGoff, C., Jungers, K., O¿Flaherty, J., Weyman, C.M. and Apte, S. (2007) ADAMTS-LIKE 2 (ADAMTSL2) is a secreted glycoprotein that is widely expressed during mouse embryogenesis and is regulated during skeletal myogenesis. Matrix Biology 6:431-441.
15. Shaltouki, A., Freer, M., Mei, Y. and #Weyman, C.M. (2007) Increased expression of the pro-apoptotic Bcl2 family member PUMA is required for the mitochondrial release of cytochrome C and the apoptosis associated with skeletal myoblast differentiation. Apoptosis 12:2143-2154.
16. Zhou, Y., Weyman, C.M., Hongli Liu, Alexandru Almasan and Zhou, A. (2008) IFN-gamma selectively mediates cytochrome C release and apoptosis in HL60 cells through decreased Bcl2 expression and increased Bak expression . J. Interferon and Cytokine Res. 28:65-72
17. Liu, H., Liang, S.L., Kumar, S., Weyman, C.M., Liu, W. and Zhou, A. (2009) ¿Statins induce apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells through the Rac1/Cdc42/JNK pathway. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 6:997-1005.
18. Freer, M., Ross, J., O¿Flaherty, J. and #Weyman, C. M. (2009) Noncanonical role for the TRAIL receptor DR5/FADD/caspase pathway in the maintenance of MyoD expression and the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts. Differentiation. 4:205-212.
19. Harford, T., Shaltouki, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2010) Increased expression of the pro-apoptotic Bcl2 family member PUMA and apoptosis by the muscle regulatory transcription factor MyoD in response to a variety of stimuli. Apoptosis 15:71-82.
20. Ebron, J., Weyman, C.M., and Shukla, G (2013) Targeting of Androgen Receptor expression by andro-miRs as novel adjunctive therapeutics in prostate cancer. Journal of Cancer Therapy, 4:47-58.
21. Shaltouki, A., Harford, T. J., Komar, A. and #Weyman, C.M. (2013) IRES-mediated translation of the pro-apoptotic Bcl2 family member PUMA. Translation, 1:1-11.