(1) Kothapalli CR, Ramamurthi A.
Elastic Fiber Matrices: Biomimetic Approaches to Regeneration and Repair
Taylor & Francis Group, New York, 2016, ISBN: 9781498721905.
(2) Ramamurthi A, Kothapalli CR, Joddar B.
Elastogenic Cues and Methods for Using the Same.
US Patent No. 8,529,951, September 2013.
(1) Kamm RD, Asada HH, Farahat WA, Wood LB, Zervantonakis IK, Kothapalli CR, Lee KH, Nguyen LTT, Chung S, Macklis JD, Tharin ST, Varner J, Park YK, Kim C.
Device for High Throughput Investigations of Cellular Interactions.
US Patent No. 9,261,496, June 2016.
Invited Peer-reviewed Book Chapters:
(4) Farrell K, Joshi P, Roth A, Kothapalli CR, Lee M-Y.
High-throughput screening of toxic chemicals on neural stem cells.
Book title: Issues in Toxicology, No. 29, Human Stem Cell Toxicology. Ed. J.L. Sherley.
Publisher: Royal Society of Chemistry, 2016, pp 31-63.
(3) Joshi J, Kothapalli CR.
Current trends and future perspectives on elastic regeneration and repair approaches.
Book title: Elastic Fiber Matrices: Biomimetic Approaches to Regeneration and Repair. Eds. Anand Ramamurthi and Chandrasekhar Kothapalli.
Publisher: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016, p 285-323.
(2) Farrell K, Kothapalli CR.
Biomimetic polymeric substrates for axonal regeneration: Applications in neural tissue engineering.
Encyclopedia of Biomedical Polymers and Polymeric Biomaterials, 2015, Pages 913-931.
(1) Kothapalli CR.
Polyelectrolyte multilayers for drug-delivery applications
Handbook of Particulate Drug Delivery, Ed. M.N.V. Ravi Kumar. American Scientific Publishers, 91-111, 2008.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles:
(37) Hama B, Mahajan G, Kaufman M, Fodor P, Kothapalli CR. Evolution of mixing in a microfluidic reverse-staggered herringbone micromixer.
Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2018, 22(5):1-14.
(36) Jyotsna J, Mahajan G, Kothapalli CR. Three-dimensional collagenous niche and azacytidine selectively promote time-dependent cardiomyogenesis from human bone marrow-derived MSC spheroids.
Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2018, Accepted, In Press.
(35) Farrell K, Mahajan G, Srinivasan P, Lee MY, Kothapalli CR.
Pediatric glioblastoma cells inhibit neurogenesis and promote astrogenesis, phenotypic transformation and migration of human neural progenitor cells within cocultures.
Experimental Cell Research, 2018, 362(1): 159-171.
(34) Hama B, Mahajan G, Kothapalli CR.
Characterizing viscoelasticity of unhydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage extract suspensions: Towards development of injectable therapeutics formulations.
Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 2017, 72: 90-101.
(33) Farrell K, Joshi J, Kothapalli CR.
Injectable uncrosslinked biomimetic hydrogels as candidate scaffolds for neural stem cell delivery.
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A, 2017, 105(3):790-805.
(32) Farrell K, Borazjani A, Damaser M, Kothapalli CR.
Chronically-activated microglia differentially regulates neural stem cell phenotype and genotype.
Integrative Biology, 2016, 8, 1145-57.
(31) Tasneem S, Farrell K, Lee MY, Kothapalli CR.
Sensitivity of neural stem cell survival, differentiation and neurite outgrowth within 3D hydrogels to environmental heavy metals.
Toxicology Letters, 2016, 242:9-22.
(30) Joshi J, Kothapalli CR.
Nanofibers based tissue engineering and drug delivery approaches for myocardial regeneration.
Current Pharmaceutical Design, 2015, 21(15):2006-20.
(29) Simmers P, Gishto A, Vyavahare N, Kothapalli CR.
Nitric oxide stimulates matrix synthesis and deposition by adult human aortic smooth muscle cells within 3D cocultures.
Tissue Engineering Part A, 2015, 21(7-8):1455-70.
(28) Gishto A, Farrell K, Kothapalli CR.
Tuning composition and architecture of biomimetic scaffolds for enhanced matrix synthesis by murine cardiomyocytes.
J Biomed Mater Res A. 2015, 103(2): 693-708.
(27) Srinivasan P, Zervantonakis IK, Kothapalli CR.
Synergistic effects of 3D ECM and chemogradients on neurite outgrowth and guidance: A simple modeling and microfluidic framework.
PLoS One, 2014, 9(6): e99640 (15 pages).
(26) Kothapalli CR, Honarmandi P.
Theoretical and experimental quantification of the role of diffusive chemogradients on neuritogenesis within 3D collagen scaffolds.
Acta Biomaterialia, 2014, 10(8):3664-74.
(25) Singh T, Kothapalli C, Varma D, Nicoll SB, Vazquez M.
Carboxymethylcellulose hydrogels support central nervous system-derived tumor-cell chemotactic migration: Comparison with conventional extracellular matrix macromolecules.
J Biomater Appl, 2014, 29(3):433-41.
(24) Srinivasan P, Zervantonakis IK, Kothapalli CR.
Theoretical and Experimental Framework of Neurite Response to Chemical Gradients in 3D Matrices.
Biophysical Journal, 2014, 106(2), p 572a.
(23) Kothapalli CR, Kamm RD.
3D matrix microenvironment for targeted differentiation of embryonic stem cells into neural and glial lineages.
Biomaterials, 2013, 34(25):5995-6007.
(22) Farrell K, Kothapalli CR.
Tissue Engineering approaches for motor neuron pathway regeneration.
Journal of Regenerative Medicine, 1:2, 2012. (Invited article).
(21) Kothapalli CR*, Tharin ST*, Pasquina L, Ozdinler PH, Chung S, de Valence S, Varner J, Macklis JD, Kamm RD.
A novel microfluidic device to investigate axon targeting in small numbers of purified cortical projection neurons.
Integrative Biology, 2012, 4:1398-1405. (* joint first authorship)
(20) Kothapalli CR, Van Veen JE, de Valence S, Chung S, Zervantonakis IK, Gertler FB, Kamm RD.
A high-throughput microfluidic assay to study axonal response to growth factor gradients.
Lab on a Chip, 2011, 11: 497-507.
(19) Zervantonakis IK, Kothapalli CR, Chung S, Sudo R, Kamm RD.
Microfluidic devices for studying heterotypic cell-cell interactions and tissue specimen cultures under controlled microenvironments.
Biomicrofluidics, 2011, 5, 1, 013406 (14 pages).
Selected for the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, 2011, 23 (14).
(18) Ibrahim S, Kothapalli CR, Kang QK, Ramamurthi A.
Characterization of glycidyl methacrylate¿crosslinked hyaluronan (HA) hydrogel scaffolds incorporating elastogenic HA oligomers.
Acta Biomaterialia, 2011, 7(2): 653-665.
(17) Kothapalli CR, Ramamurthi A.
Induced elastin regeneration by chronically-activated smooth muscle cells for targeted aneurysm repair.
Acta Biomaterialia, 2010, 6(1): 170-178.
(16) Kothapalli CR, Ramamurthi A.
Lysyl oxidase enhances elastin synthesis and matrix formation by vascular smooth muscle cells.
J Tissue Eng Regen Med, 2009, 3(8): 655-661.
(16) Kothapalli CR, Gacchina CE, Ramamurthi A.
Utility of hyaluronan oligomers and TGF-b1 factors for elastin matrix regeneration by aneurysmal rat aortic smooth muscle cells.
Tissue Engineering Part A, 2009, 15(11): 3247-60.
(15) Kothapalli CR, Ramamurthi A.
Copper nanoparticle cues for biomimetic cellular assembly of crosslinked elastin fibers.
Acta Biomaterialia, 2009, 5(2): 541-553.
(14) Kothapalli CR, Ramamurthi A.
Biomimetic regeneration of elastin matrices using hyaluronan and copper ion cues.
Tissue Engineering Part A, 2009, 15(1): 103-113.
(13) Kothapalli CR, Smolenski RT, Taylor PA, Yacoub MH, Ramamurthi A.
TGF-ß1 and hyaluronan oligomers synergistically enhance elastin matrix regeneration by vascular cells.
Tissue Engineering Part A, 2009, 15(3): 501-511.
(12) Kothapalli CR, Ramamurthi A.
Benefits of concurrent delivery of hyaluronan and IGF-1 cues to regeneration of crosslinked elastin matrices by adult vascular cells.
J Tissue Eng Regen Med, 2008, 2: 106-116.
(11) Kothapalli CR, Wei M, Shaw MT.
Solvent-specific gel-like transition via complexation of polyelectrolyte and hydroxyapatite nanoparticles suspended in water-glycerin mixtures: A rheological study.
Soft Matter, 2008, 4: 600-605.
(10) Kothapalli CR, Shaw MT, Olson J, Wei M.
Coating of poly(lactic acid) fibers with calcium phosphate using a cyclic precipitation method.
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: part B, 2008, 84B: 89-97.
(9) Kothapalli CR, Shaw MT, Wei M.
Biodegradable HA-PLA porous scaffolds: Effect of nano-sized filler content on composite properties.
Acta Biomaterialia, 2005, 1: 653-662. (Top 25 downloaded articles from journal, 2005-06)
(8) Kothapalli CR, Shaw MT, Wei M.
Effect of operation conditions on HA synthesized by the hydrothermal method.
Key Engineering Materials, 2005, 284-286: 51-54.
(7) Kothapalli CR, Wei M, Shaw MT.
Strength distributions of sintered hydroxyapatite nanoparticles.
Proceedings of the XIth International Conference on Fracture (ICF-XI), Italy, 2005, 2: 4811-17.
(6) Kothapalli CR, Wei M, Legeros RZ, Shaw MT.
Influence of temperature and aging time on HA synthesized by hydrothermal method.
J Mater Sci Mater Med, 2005, 16: 441-446. Invited Article
(5) Kothapalli CR, Vasiliev A, Shaw MT, Wei M.
Influence of temperature and concentration on the sintering behavior and mechanical properties of hydroxyapatite.
Acta Materialia, 2004, 52(19):5655-5663. (Top 25 downloaded articles from journal website, Oct-Dec 2004)
(4) Kothapalli CR, Wei M, Shaw MT.
Effect of temperature and concentration on hydroxyapatite morphology.
7th World Biomaterials Congress, May 17-21 2004, Sydney, Australia. Proceedings in the Transactions of 7th World Biomaterials Congress, p. 161-163.
(3) Rogers RE, Kothapalli C, Zhang G, French WT.
Laboratory evidence of microbial-sediment-gas hydrate synergistic interactions in ocean sediments.
Peer-reviewed Proceedings of the 14th Annual International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, France, 2004, 1: 41-47.
(2) Kothapalli CR, Lee MS, Rogers RE.
Influence of microbes on gas hydrate formation in porous media.
Proceedings of the 4th International Gas Hydrate Conference, Yokohama, Japan, May 2002, 1: 547-552.
(1) Rogers RE, Kothapalli C, Lee MS, Woolsey JR.
Catalysis of gas hydrates by biosurfactants in seawater-saturated sand/clay.
Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2003, 81: 973-80.