Articles in Peer-reviewed Journals
1. D. Poddar, R. Kour, W. M. Baldwin, III and B. Mazumder. L13a-dependent translational control in macrophages limits the pathogenesis of colitis. Cellular and Molecular Immunology. Advance online publication, 13 July 2015; doi:10.1038/cmi.2015.53.
2. B. Mazumder*, D. Poddar, A. Basu, R. Kour, V. Verbovetskaya and S. Barik*. Extra-ribosomal L13a is a specific innate immune factor for antiviral defense. Journal of Virology, 88, 9100-9110, 2014.
3. A. Basu, D. Poddar, P. Robinet, J. Smith, M. Febbraio, W. M. Baldwin, III and B. Mazumder. Ribosomal Protein L13a deficiency in macrophages promotes atherosclerosis by limiting translation control-dependent retardation of inflammation. Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, 34, 533-542, 2014.
4. P. Das, A. Basu, A. Biswas, D. Poddar, J. Andrews, S. Barik, A. A. Komar and B. Mazumder. Insights into the mechanism of ribosomal incorporation of mammalian L13a protein during ribosome biogenesis. Molecular & Cellular Biology, 33, 2829- 2842, 2013.
5. D. Poddar, A. Basu, W. M. Baldwin III, R. V. Kondratov, S. Barik and B. Mazumder. An Extraribosomal Function of Ribosomal Protein L13a in Macrophages Resolves Inflammation. Journal of Immunology, 190, 3600-3612, 2013.
6. A. A. Komar, B. Mazumder and W.C. Merrick. A new framework for understanding IRES-mediated translation. Gene, 502, 75-86, 2012.
7. A. Basu, P. Das, S. Chaudhuri, E. Bevilacqua, J. Andrews, S. Barik, M. Hatzoglou, A. A. Komar and B. Mazumder. Requirement of rRNA methylation for 80S ribosome assembly on a cohort of cellular Internal Ribosome Entry Sites. Molecular & Cellular Biology, 31, 4482-4499, 2011.
8. B. Mazumder, X. Li and S. Barik. Translation Control: A multi-faceted regulator of Inflammatory response. Journal of Immunology, 184, 3311-3319, 2010.
9. K.Vyas, S. Chaudhuri, D. W. Leaman, A.A. Komar, A. Musiyenko, S. Barik and B. Mazumder. Genome-wide polysome profiling reveals an inflammation-responsive post-transcriptional operon in IFN-¿ activated monocytes. Molecular & Cellular Biology, 29, 458-470, 2009.
10. Y. Wan, H. Xiao, J. Affolter, T.W. Kim, K. Bulek, S. Chaudhuri, D. Carison, T. Hamilton, B. Mazumder, G.R. Stark, J. Thomas and X. Li. IL-1 receptor-associated kinase 2 is critical for LPS-mediated post-transcriptional control. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284, 10367-10375, 2009.
11. M. K. Sarkar, M. Kinter, B. Mazumder and P. C. Sil. Purification and Characterisation of a Novel Antioxidant Protein Molecule from Phyllanthus niruri. Food Chemistry 114, 1405-1412, 2009.
12. S. Chaudhuri, K. Vyas, P. Kapasi, A.A. Komar, J.D. Dinman, S. Barik and B. Mazumder. Human Ribosomal Protein L13a is Dispensable for Canonical Ribosome Function but Indispensable for Efficient rRNA Methylation. RNA, 13, 2224-2237, 2007.
13. O. Galkin, A.A. Bentley, S. Gupta, B. Compton, B. Mazumder, T.G. Kinzy, W.C. Merrick, M. Hatzoglou, T.V. Pestova, C.U.T. Hellen and A.A. Komar. Roles of the negatively charged N-terminal extension of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal protein S5 revealed by characterization of a yeast strain containing human ribosomal protein S5. RNA, 13, 2116-2128, 2007.
14. P. Kapasi, S. Chaudhuri, K. Vyas, D. Baus, A.A. Komar, P.L. Fox, W.C. Merrick and B. Mazumder. L13a Blocks 48S Assembly: Role of a General Initiation Factor in mRNA-specific Translational Control. Molecular Cell, 25, 113-126, 2007.
15. V. Bitko, O. Shulyayeva, B. Mazumder, A. Musiyenko, M. Ramaswamy, D.C. Look, and S. Barik. The Non-Structural Proteins of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Suppress Premature Apoptosis by a NF-Kappa B-Dependent, Interferon Independent Mechanism and Facilitate Virus Growth. Journal of Virology, 81, 1786-1795, 2007.
16. B. Mazumder, P. Sampath & P.L. Fox. Translational Control of Ceruloplasmin Gene Expression: Beyond the IRE. Biological Research, 39, 59-66, 2006.
17. K. Sarkar, A. Ghosh, M. Kinter, B. Mazumder & P. Sil. Purification and Characterization of a 43 kD Hepatoprotective Protein from the Herb Cajanus indicus L. The Protein Journal, 25, 411-421, 2006.
18. B. Mazumder, P. Sampath & P.L. Fox. Regulation of Macrophage Ceruloplasmin Gene Expression: One Paradigm of 3-UTR-mediated Translational Control. Molecules & Cells, 20, 167-172, 2005.
19. P. Sampath, B. Mazumder, V. Seshadri, C.A. Gerber, L. Chavatte, M. Kinter, J.D. Dignam, S. Kim, D.M. Driscoll and P.L. Fox. Non-canonical Function of Glutamyl-prolyl-tRNA Synthetase: Gene-specific Silencing of Translation. Cell, 119, 1-20, 2004.
20. B. Mazumder, P. Sampath, V. Seshadri, R.K. Maitra, P.E. DiCorleto and P.L. Fox. Regulated release of L13a from the 60S Ribosomal Subunit as a Mechanism of Transcript-Specific Translational Control. Cell, 115, 187-198, 2003. (Previewed in the same issue).
21. B. Mazumder, V.Seshadri and P.L.Fox. Translational control by the 3-UTR: The ends specify the means. Trends in Biochemical Sciences (TiBS), 28, 91-98, 2003.
22. P. Sampath, B. Mazumder, V. Seshadri and P.L. Fox. Transcript-selective translational silencing by interferon-g is directed by a novel structural element in the ceruloplasmin mRNA 3¿-UTR. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 23, 1509-1519, 2003.
23. B. Mazumder, V. Seshadri, H. Imataka, N. Sonenberg and P.L. Fox. Translational silencing of ceruloplasmin requires the essential elements of mRNA circularization: Poly(A) tail, Poly(A)-binding protein and eIF4G. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 21, 6440-6449, 2001.
24. P.L. Fox, B. Mazumder, E. Ehrenwald and C.K. Mukhopadhyay. Ceruloplasmin and Cardiovascular Disease. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 28, 1735 - 1744, 2000.
25. C.K. Mukhopadhyay, B. Mazumder and P.L. Fox. Role of Hypoxia inducible factor-1 in transcriptional activation of ceruloplasmin by Iron deficiency. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 275, 21048 - 21054, 2000.
26. B. Mazumder & P.L. Fox. Delayed translational silencing of ceruloplasmin transcript in Interferon-g activated U937 monocytic cells : Role of 3/-UTR. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 19, 6898 - 6905, 1999.
27. C.K. Mukhopadhyay, B. Mazumder, P.F. Lindley and P.L. Fox. Identification of the prooxidant site of human ceruloplasmin: A model for oxidative damage by copper bound to protein surfaces. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A, 94, 11546 - 1155, 1997.
28. B. Mazumder, C.K. Mukhopadhyay, A. Prok, M.K. Cathcart and P.L. Fox. Induction of ceruloplasmin synthesis by Interferon-g in Monocytic Cells. The Journal of Immunology, 159, 1938 - 1944, 1997.
29. B. Mazumder, G. Adhikary and S. Barik. Bacterial expression of Human Respiratory Syncytial viral phosphoprotein (P): Identification of serine 237 as the site of phosphorylation by cellular casein kinase II. Virology, 205, 93 - 103, 1994.
30. B. Mazumder and S. Barik. Requirement of Casein kinase II mediated phosphorylation for the transcriptional activity of Human Respiratory Syncytial viral phosphoprotein (P): Transdominant Negative phenotype of phosphorylation defective P mutant. Virology, 205, 104 - 111, 1994.
31. R. Sikdar, U. Ganguly, P. Pal, B. Mazumder and P.C. Sen. Biochemical characterization of a calcium ion stimulated ATPase from goat spermatozoa. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 103, 121-130, 1991.
32. B. Mazumder, R. Sikdar and P.C. Sen. Effect of Chlorpromazine and Gossypol on Ca2+-ATPase activity in the microsomal membranes of rat testis. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 28, 136-139, 1991.
33. B. Mazumder, S. Mukerjee and P.C. Sen. The Chlorpromazine inhibition of Transport ATpase and Acetylcholinesterase activities in the microsomal membranes of rat in vitro and in vivo. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 95, 13-20, 1990.
34. S.K. Nagdas, S. Mukerjee, B. Mazumder and P.C. Sen. Identification and Characterization of a Mg2+ dependent and independent Ca2+ ATPase in the microsomal membranes of rat testis. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 79, 161-169, 1988.
35. B. Mazumder, S. Mukerjee, S.K. Nagdas and P.C. Sen. The interaction of Chloroquine with Transport ATPase and Acetylcholinesterase in microsomal membranes of rat in vitro and in vivo. Biochemistry International, 16, 1, 35-44, 1988.
36. S. Mukerjee, B. Mazumder and P.C. Sen. Potassium ion stimulated Adenosine Triphosphatase activity in microsomal membranes of toad gastric mucosa in different seasons. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 24, 103-105, 1987.