Asso. Dean of Engineering & Professor(July 1,2007-present)
Chair & Professor of Mechanical Engineering(January 1,2002-May 31,2007)
Director, Mechano-Optics Lab,CSU Adv. Manufacturing Center(May 1987-Sep 1992)
Robot Engineer, IBM in US (May 1982-Aug 1982)
Machine Designer & Manufacturing Engineers,Tongtai Tools & Machinery(Mar 1977-Aug 1979)
Production Engineer, Japan Electric Heater(May 1976-Mar 1977)
CONSULTING: Metal Industry Research & Development Center, Taiwan(2004-06)
Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME)
Keynote Speakers of Seven International Conf(2010,2011,2012(1,2),2013,2015, 2016)
Tau Beta Pi Honors Society Member (inducted as an Eminent Engineer)
ASEE Outstanding College Representative Award (2018)
Cleveland Engineering Society Leadership Award (2009)
Merit Recognition Award for Administrative Faculty(2008 & 2009)
Information Literacy Award (2007)
RECENT EXTERNAL FUNDING
1. $120,000 funded by Rockwell Automation for a project entitled Industrial
Internship Experience at Rockwell Automation,2012, 2013, 2015(PI).
2. $293,500 funded by Ohio Board of Regents entitled Additive Manufacturing Instructional and Training Laboratory, a Workforce Development Equipment and Facility grant, April 11, 2014 (Proposal co-author).
3. $60,000 funded by Rockwell Automation for a project entitled Industrial
Internship Experience at Rockwell Automation, August 2011(PI)
4. $30,000 funded by Rockwell Automation for a project entitled Industrial Internship Experience at Rockwell Automation sponsored by Rockwell Automation for, August 2010(PI)
5. $921,244 sponsored by NSF for a project entitled Institutions Developing Excellence in Academic Leadership (IDEAL), Oct. 2009 thru Sep. 2013. CWRU was the lead institution (Proposal Co-Author & Project Co-Director)
6. $30,000 for a project entitled Fenn Research and Development Institute (FRDI) Service Learning Program was sponsored by Rockwell Automation for, August 2009(Co-PI)
7. $474,700 funded by Ohio Board of Regent for a project entitled Engineering Across the Pipeline, in March 2009 for five years(Proposal Co-Author & Co-PI)
8. $23.8 million funded by Ohio Third Frontier for establishing Wright Center for Sensor Systems Engineering (WCSSE), which included $7 million Electronic Packaging Facility, Dec 2006 (Proposal Co-Author & Faculty Advisor for the Electronic Packaging facility)
9. $140,000 funded by NASA Glenn Research Center,Jan 2000 through Jan 2003. Project entitled Development of a Fast Analysis Tool for the International Space Station (ISS) Using Soft Computing Techniques(PI).
10. $102,000 funded by NASA Lewis Research Center, March 1997 and renewed in May 1998. Project entitled Development of an Optimized Multidisciplinary System Design Tool Using Taguchi Techniques and Neural Networks(PI).
11. $15,000 funded by Wright-Patterson Air Force, June, 1996. Project entitled Image Analysis for Dynamic Testing of F-16 Bias and Radial Tire Deformation(PI).
12. $25,000 funded by Air Force Offices of Scientific Research Program, December, 1994. Project:Three Dimensional Deformation Comparison between Bias and Radial Aircraft Tires Using Optical Techniques(PI).
13. $20,000 funded by Wright-Patterson Air Force, July, 1994. Project:Three Dimensional Geometry Determination of Aircraft Tire Deformation:Equipment & Technique (PI).
14. $24,500 funded by Wright-Patterson Air Force through NASA Lewis Center, September,1992. Project: A System to Measure Dynamic Displacements and Strains in Rotating Structures (PI).
15. $159,529 funded by Cleveland Advanced Manufacturing Program via AMC,1987-91(PI)
16. $10,000 funded by SME,1989(Co-PI)
Intelligent System, Fault Diagnosis; 3D Optical Inspection; Engineering Optimization
Int J of Intelligent Sys in Eng, 2011-15